Welcome to the City of Westminster’s Public Works Department website. It is our mission to provide our residents with efficient and effective public works services for water, streets and right-of-ways, parks, fleet maintenance, and engineering services. We strive to ensure that our department actions are quality conscious, customer friendly, timely, proactive, innovative, forward thinking, safe, environmentally and legally compliant, attractive, and well understood. Competing for and securing Federal, State, and County funds to improve our infrastructure is always a high priority.
The Public Works Department’s daily activities are performed, taking into consideration the following goals:
- Providing timely, value oriented engineering services.
- Providing safe, good tasting water at the lowest cost possible.
- Providing safe and cost effective maintained streets and right-of-ways.
- Development of additional revenue sources while cutting costs.
- Development of employee practices of delivering better and faster services.
- Facilitating superior communications and outreach with all City stakeholders and customers.
- Practicing good stewardship of our environment.
- Attaining state-of-the-art automation, equipment, and training.
- Constantly improving safety awareness.
- Development and mentoring of people to their fullest potential.
- Providing high quality, low cost, and timely equipment/fleet maintenance.
- Maintaining high standards in appearance and safety of public grounds and facilities at low cost.
Marwan N. Youssef, Ph.D., PE
Public Works Director/City Engineer
Emails care of firstname.lastname@example.org